Infobase is committed to providing an experience that is fully accessible to everyone. We make every effort to ensure that all pages within our products comply with web accessibility guidelines.
Standards & Features
With all of our products, we aim to meet the needs of patrons with disabilities, particularly the blind and visually impaired. With that in mind, we strive to meet, and/or exceed the following guidelines:
- Level AA of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act for features and functions
- Certifying for use with major screen readers (JAWS and VoiceOver)
- Formatting book content to be readable online and offline
- Using descriptive tagged headings and labels throughout the interface
- Maintaining color contrast that meets at least level AA of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
Development & Testing
The Infobase eBooks code is checked for accessibility using a range of automated and manual checks. For example, we test the interface for screen reader accessibility using JAWS with Internet Explorer.
We employ a variety of additional tools used to test accessibility that include WAVE (web accessibility evaluation tool) provided by WebAim, Focus indicator, Manual keyboard testing, http://validator.w3.org/ and HTML_CodeSniffer.
Infobase also employs the services of outside usability and accessibility consultants to ensure that we are adhearing to the latest accessibility standards and guidelines.
Voluntary Product Evaluation Template (VPAT)
A completed VPAT document will be available for download soon. This brand new product is still undergoing extensive testing.