Users have the ability to link their Google account with their Infobase/eBooks user account. Linking accounts allows for one-click login access to the platform using the "Sign in with Google" button on all subsequent requests. This is a one time, optional feature that can be disabled at the account level within the admin portal.
Sign in with Google is offered as a FREE service. Google Apps for Education (GAFE) is a core suite of productivity applications that Google offers to schools and educational institutions for FREE. If your school is using these applications, you will be able to use Infobase eBooks, Google Apps, and Google Classroom all seamlessly, without having to login again.
To enable or disable the feature for your accounts, please consult the admin portal help article.
Assuming this feature is enabled for your account, the below steps outline how to sign in with Google and create your Infobase user account all in one easy step.
Signing In with Google account
There are three places within the platform that allow you to establish the initial link with your Google account.
- Main Login Page
- My Menu (logged in as general user)
- My Profile (logged in as a user)
- Send to page tool (reading a book)
** NOTE - If you are using Chrome, and are already signed into a Google account, you will be automatically connected to that Google account once you turn on Google inside My Profile and click the Save button. For all other browsers, the below steps will be followed.
All three options will redirect you to the same Google page shown below.
- Enter your institution GMAIL account and click Next.
- Enter your GMAIL password and click Next.
- If your admistrator has enabled Google direct sign-in, you will be redirected back to the page you started this process on and now authenticated as yourself.
To confirm the process worked correctly, look for your name in the top, right-hand corner of the site.
If your administrator is not using our direct sign-in option, you will be asked to enter your current Infobase/eBooks user account to create a link between both accounts.
To continue, you must have an user account already. If you don't have an individual user account already, exist this process and login as the general user, or ask your administrator to create a personal account for you.
Disconnecting your Google Account
There are two ways to disconnect your Google account:
- From within the My Profile page.
- From within your Google account.
1. Removing access from within My Profile
You can remove the account linkage by disconnecting the Google sign in from within the My Profile section.
- Login with your Infobase user account or click on the Sign in with Google button to log into the platform.
- Once logged in, click on the Welcome menu at the top.
Click on My Profile.
- Locate the Connected Social Accounts section.
- Click on the Connected? toggle next to the Google logo to switch it to the OFF state. It should currently be set to a blue, ON.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
2. Removing access from within your Google account
You can remove apps connected to your Google account directly from the My Account section of your Google account.
- Login to your Google account: https://myaccount.google.com
- Under Sign-in & Security, click on Connected apps & sites.
- Under the Apps Connected to your account section, click on Manage Apps.
- Locate the Infobase app and click on it to view options.
- To remove the linkage, click on the REMOVE button as shown below. You will be asked to confirm this.
** NOTE - Removing the app from within your Google account only removes access to your Google account. It does not break the linkage between your Google account and your Infobase account. If you use the Sign In with Google button again, after removing access, you will be logged into the platform with the original Infobase user account again.