Additional sharing options are now available under Share on both the media viewing page, and search results.
By default, this feature is disabled and must be enabled within your admin portal by an administrator. Once enabled, you will see the Social Sharing Tools section as shown below.
You will be able to share links directly to:
If this feature has not been enabled yet, you will not see the Social Sharing section at all.
To enable this feature in your admin portal:
- Go to the Product Settings tab for eBooks.
- Located in the Share Settings section, check the box next to Enable share to Social Media.
- Verify you are enabling this for the correct User and/or Org types before saving changes.
- Save changes.
Using a Proxy Server?
Proxy servers are supported and your proxy URL modifier/proxy prefix will be automatically appended to any shared URLs from these services.
Social Sharing Tools Not Displaying?
If you attempt to use the social sharing options located on the Share -> Share To tab and notice nothing is there, as the screenshot below shows, you will need to disable tracking protection in Firefox.
This is a Firefox specific issue. Please note that if you do not see the Social Sharing Tools header either, this feature has been disabled for your account by your administrator.
Firefox started enabling Tracking Protection with Firefox 42.0, which can cause the social sharing tools to sometimes not load in Private Browsing windows. It's also possible to enable Tracking Protection in regular browsing windows as well.
How to turn Tracking Protection off
Tracking Protection is enabled by default when you're in a Private Browsing window. You may choose to disable Tracking Protection for a particular site or for all sites.
Turn off Tracking Protection for individual sites
- The shield icon will appear when Firefox is actively blocking trackers on a page. Click the shield icon to bring up the Control Center.
- In the Control Center, click Disable protection for this session.
- Disable tracking protection 42
Once Tracking Protection is disabled, a shield icon with red strikethroughtracking protection off fxoswill appear in your address bar.