There are a variety of settings that can be set and customized to your own personal preferences to help maximize your eBook reading experience. To make any changes, you must first have a personal user account. Consult the below help article for instructions and benefits of creating your own account.
All account settings will sync across all Infobase eBook mobile applications, desktop applications and the website.
More Information On
The Account Settings page is divided into three main sections:
1. Default Settings
Default settings have an affect on basic platform functionality and include the following options:
- Default Search Results View - Set a default search results mode for the site. Options include the default list view, or a grid view that will display search results using the book cover images.
- Default Google Translate Language - Set a default Google Translate language. The default is English.
- Default Embed Code Size - Set a default embed code size between 600px wide, 800px wide and 1060px wide.
- Default Citation Type - Set a default citation format that will appear as the first option when viewing citations. Options include: MLA, APA, Chicago Manual of Style, and Harvard.
2. Reader Settings
- Font Size (coming soon) - Font size can be adjusted on the fly using the options in the bottom, left-hand corner of the reader if desired. Drag the slider to the left or right to adjust. Not available in fixed layout books.
- Mode - Set a default view mode for the reader. Three options currently exist: Day Mode (white background/black text), Sepia Mode (yellowish background/dark redish text), Night Mode (black background/white text). This can be adjusted on the fly inside the reader. Not available in fixed layout books.
- Page Layout - Set a default page layout mode for the reader. One page is the site default. Two page mode will display two pages side by side and cause the book to look smaller inside the reader. You may go full-screen to improve this viewing experience.
- Scroll View -Turn on or off scrolling view. By default this is turned off and usually more suitable for reading on mobile devices. This can be adjusted on the fly inside the reader.
3. Page Tools
- Use a simple drag and drop interface to turn on and off the page tools, or change the order to best suit your needs. When you mouse over a page tool, your cursor will change to a cross-hair and you can drag them from left to right, or down into the Inactive section to turn them off.